Preventive RadiologyApril 15, 2022 2022-04-15 7:41
What is the Preventive Radiology Initiative of IRIA?
The Preventive Radiology Initiative of IRIA is a national initiative that focuses on expanding the integration of clinical radiological services with preventive medicine for early identification, prognostication, and intervention for clinical priorities in India. The program is conceived and founded by Dr Rijo Mathew Choorakuttil, who is the national coordinator for this initiative and was initiated during the presidentship of Prof. Dr. C. Amarnath with the wholehearted support of IRIA.
The Preventive Radiology initiative of the Indian Radiological and Imaging Association (IRIA) is a national initiative with the following aims
- Creation of state-level committees and working groups under the state IRIA to
- Organize state-level continuous medical education programs, workshops and hands-on training,
- Develop state-level trainers,
- Provide competency-based training for radiologists in the state,
- Provide competency-based training for PGs at teaching hospitals in the state curriculum,
- Training to start preventive Radiology OPDs
- Generate state-level data on the use and integration of imaging biomarkers.
- Generate state-level evidence to inform algorithms,
- Develop state-level research teams.
- Identification and Evaluation of Imaging Biomarkers- organ, system, and disease specific.
- Evidence-based integration of imaging biomarkers with clinical and biochemical algorithms.
- Evidence-based protocols for imaging-based guided interventions and biopsies.
- Develop India specific guidelines and algorithms.
- Develop Image biobanks for India.
- Develop Healthcare level specific pragmatic applications for preventive radiology at the primary, secondary, and tertiary care levels.
- Technology Entrepreneurship program
- Digital Reach Out and Clinical Network platforms
- Integrate with National Digital Health Mission
- Integrate AI and deep learning algorithms.
- Integrate concept of healthy aging and image-based screening for biomarkers.
- Health Education and Awareness Optimizing Digital Media
- Research Protocols on Preventive Radiology topics that can be applied by various hospitals and practitioners including for PG dissertations.